Bamboo is used as symbolism in Feng Shui so I wanted to share with you what one of the sites says about Bamboo.
Meanings of Lucky Bamboo Numbers. Use various numbers of bamboo to cause different types of effects. Here are a few popular groupings:
- 1 Stalk – simplicity, meaningful life
- 2 Stalks – best for luck in love and marriage
- 3 Stalks – happiness (Most popular)
- 4 Stalks – almost never given. (Four could draw negative energy, according to Chinese culture)
- 5 Stalks – academic achievement, creativity
- 7 Stalks – health
- 8 Stalks – luck in wealth
- 9 Stalks – good fortune and over all luck
- 10 Stalks – completion or perfection
- 21 Stalks – all-purpose blessing
Post credit: https://www.flowershopnetwork.com/blog/meaning-lucky-bamboo-numbers/
More on Bamboo from Suzee Miller, Feng Shui Paradigms
Is bamboo in and around the house a good or bad energy? We are both Metal, soft and hard metal respectively. Bamboo represents prosperity, longevity and good fortune, and makes a wonderful nature wall. It’s easy to enjoy the grace, peace, and beauty that Bamboo brings to our lives.
The WOOD element in a garden, ranging from plants, trees and flowers, cannot affect you in any negative way, in fact you can never over-improve the land.
HOWEVER, the opposite is true of the interior environment. Too much of the WOOD element can be “very” difficult on one’s health. It’s especially hard on Water, Metal and Earth element people.
Most homes and offices are over dominant in the ‘wood’ element due to wood cabinets, cupboards, desks, dressers, tables, headboards and other misc. furnishings. Therefore, it’s important to think twice before adding wood flooring.
If too much EARTH (ie: stone, granite, tile, counters and floors) dominates your environment, it’s important to remedy this situation right away, too!